Communication for Results
Approaches to Writing and Speaking for Leadership, Teamwork, and Building Connections
What will you learn?
The class is taught by an instructor with a PhD in linguistics. During the class, you will:
- Assess your writing, speaking, and presentation skills.
- Identify your unique goals for improvement of your writing, speaking, and presentation skills.
- Identify, plan, and complete writing-focused and speaking-focused activities and projects that will enable you to meet your goals.
- Participate in weekly grammar-focused exercises selected on the basis of an assessment of the class’s needs.
Who should attend?
You should attend if you:
- Use English in your everyday life and/or work.
- Want to develop your writing and oral presentation skills.
- Have the ability to work independently outside of class to prepare presentations.
- Are available to attend all sessions
When and where will classes be held?
Classes will be held every Monday and Wednesday from 6 to 9 pm at the Welcoming Center. Class starts Monday, October 15, 2018 and will run for 12 weeks.
What is the cost?
$275 for the course and materials.