Intercultural Wellness Program
Intercultural Wellness Program (IWP) is offered by AFAHO and The Welcoming Center to promote community wellness and wellbeing.
It is a program for immigrants and refugees from Africa, the Caribbean, Latin America, and Southeast Asia who want to support their community in terms of wellness, stress management, and utilizing coping mechanisms to address the challenges they face in Philadelphia.
What Participants Learn
- How to use their culture as a strength to be leaders in the community
- What strategies can be used to help their community cope with the challenges they face in Philadelphia
- What strategies and resources can be used to help people accomplish their goals
- Speak Intermediate Level English
- Be 21 years of age minimum
- Have demonstrated commitment
- Ability to attend all training sessions and activities
- Commitment to respect diversity and inclusion