Updates from the Welcoming Center
March 17, 2020 | The Welcoming Center office is temporarily closed until further notice to protect the safety and well-being of our community in the wake of the COVID-19 outbreak.
March 12, 2020 | We have decided to suspend in-person gatherings at the Welcoming Center and we have prepared all staff to work remotely for the next two weeks. Read more in the Message from our President and CEO: Novel Coronavirus Action Plan for the Welcoming Center.
Links to Resources
Information about COVID-19
- CDC latest information about COVID-19 in English, Spanish, Simplified Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean. [LINK]
- City of Philadelphia latest information about COVID-19. [LINK]
- City of Philadelphia is making available free food for anyone who needs it. Find a food site near you. [LINK]
- School District of Philadelphia and partners are providing free meals for students while schools are closed. [LINK]
- PCA is providing seniors with grab and go lunch options during the week. Find a food site near you. [LINK]
- Philadelphia City Council has put together a list of essential businesses hiring in the Philadelphia area. [LINK]
- Information for Pennsylvania employees impacted by COVID-19 from the Office of Unemployment Compensation. [LINK]
- School District of Philadelphia has 10 hotlines for families looking to get answers to general questions about Learning Guides and the District closure in their native language. [LINK]
- Advice from the City of Philadelphia Department of Health about what to do if you develop serious symptoms like a high fever, difficulty breathing, or suspected dehydration, and require medical attention. [LINK]
- Advice from Community Legal Services on how immigrants may qualify for Medical Assistance for COVID-19 treatment. [LINK]
- For domestic violence resources contact the Philadelphia Domestic Violence Hotline at 1866-723-3014. All calls are confidential and anonymous.
- Advice from Tools for Tenants for renters impacted by COVID-19 to feel supported, build community, and to provide tools to empower collective action. [LINK]
- Information regarding utilities from the City of Philadelphia. [LINK]
- Comcast is offering two free months of Comcast Internet Essentials (through April 30) to new customers with limited means. [LINK]
- Verizon is offering low-cost internet access through its Lifeline program to individuals who qualify. [LINK]
- PCs for People is a non-profit that works to distribute low-cost computers nationally. [LINK]
Small Business Support
- The City of Philadelphia Department of Commerce is providing small businesses impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic with immediate relief through a mix of grants and loans. [LINK]
- Resources for small businesses in English and Spanish from the Greater Philadelphia Hispanic Chamber of Commerce. [LINK]