Communication for Results Information Session
August 27 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
The Communication for Results course class at the Welcoming Center is for English learners who want to learn approaches to professional writing and speaking for leadership, teamwork, and building connections.
What will you learn?
The class is taught by an instructor with a PhD in linguistics. During the class, you will:
- Assess your writing, speaking, and presentation skills.
- Identify your unique goals for improvement of your writing, speaking, and presentation skills.
- Identify, plan, and complete writing-focused and speaking-focused activities and projects that will enable you to meet your goals.
- Participate in weekly grammar-focused exercises selected on the basis of an assessment of the class’s needs.
Who should attend?
You should attend if you:
- Use English in your everyday life and/or work.
- Want to develop your writing and oral presentation skills.
- Have the ability to work independently outside of class to prepare presentations.
- Are available to attend all sessions
When and where will classes be held?
Classes will be held every Tuesday and Thursday from 6 to 9 p.m. at the Welcoming Center. Class starts Tuesday, September 17, 2019 and will run for 12 weeks until December 12, 2019 (no class the week of November 28th in observation of Thanksgiving).
What is the cost?
$500 (includes the cost of the course, books, and materials).
Fill up this form to attend this information session and our staff will be in touch with you.