Are you a Hiring Manager interested in tapping into a culturally and linguistically diverse talent pool? Does your company want to increase your knowledge of the benefits of hiring foreign-born talent? The Welcoming Center provides a variety of opportunities for employers.
Engaging Immigrant Talent Toolkit
The Welcoming Center’s Engaging Immigrant Talent toolkit comes after an intensive 18-month study made up of interviews, focus groups, and roundtable discussions, with employers, immigrants, and workforce development practitioners. The conversations examined how to develop more inclusive hiring practices and create a culturally competent work environment for successful immigrant integration into the workplace.
This toolkit is for employers who want to understand the steps they must take to recruit, retain, and promote immigrant talent.
The Engaging Immigrant Talent toolkit was made possible by a generous grant from the WES Mariam Assefa Fund.
Immigrant Fellowship Program
The Immigrant Fellowship Program connects employers to foreign-trained professionals for short-term, paid experiences in a variety of industries and professions.
The Fellowship program offers:
- Access to a diverse pool of foreign-trained immigrant professionals in a variety of fields
- All candidates have a Bachelors’s degree or higher, successfully completed the International Professionals Program, are fluent in multiple languages including English, and are authorized to work in the U.S. and do not require employer sponsorship
- A preview of talent and short-term commitment over 12 weeks
- Wage subsidy for private sector employer partners
- $9/hr subsidy with a minimum requirement of $17/hr at 30 hrs/week
- Ongoing support and coaching from WCNP to fellows and employer partners throughout the fellowship
Launched in Fall 2017 as a means of providing highly skilled staff to various City government departments, this initiative in partnership with the City’s Office of Workforce Development, has now also expanded to private employers with support by Philadelphia Works, Inc.
To host fellows at your company, please contact us.
“Microcision has enjoyed a decade-long relationship with the Welcoming Center. The organization is professionally managed and has been a very valuable resource.”
Marisa Puente, Vice President, Microcision LLC
Running a small business? The Welcoming Center offers a wealth of resources for entrepreneurs. We’re especially proud of the work we do to create business and development corridors in Philadelphia neighborhoods – building individual businesses and local economies, together.