Foundations for Communication in the U.S. (FOCUS)
FOCUS is a free 12-week class for individuals looking to improve their communication and technology skills.
To learn more about FOCUS, please fill out the form below and our staff will contact you soon.
Do you qualify?
To qualify for FOCUS, you must:
- Be an English Language Learner or immigrant
- Want to find a job, improve employment, pursue future training
- Want intensive instruction in computer and technology skills
- Have Low Intermediate English level (CASAS ~200-210)
- Have some formal education (8th grade+)
- Have work authorization in the U.S.
What will you learn?
During this course, you will:
- Improve your communication and technology skills
- Learn how to connect with work, education, and training options that match your skills and interests
- Develop short and long-term career goals
- Learn strategies and skills for success in job search, workplace communication, and career planning
- Use the Voxy app to gain English language skills that you can apply in your workplace